Georgia Institute of Technology
August 2016 - Dec 2019 // Atlanta, GA
- B.S. in Computer Science
- Threads: Intelligence, Information-internetworks
- GPA: 3.91/4.00
Hershey High School
August 2012 - June 2016 // Hershey, PA
Software Engineer Intern // Summer 2019
Menlo Park, CA
- Optimized code responsible for creating groups and sending group messages, affecting the 1.3 billion Facebook Messenger users.
- Worked in a continuous integration environment, pushing code changes directly to master and quickly to production.
- Used ReasonML and React to create and update internal tools to more efficiently and safely debug issues relating message folder routing, with a special focus on tracking private user data access.
Student Researcher // Aug 2018 - Present
- Designed a database in collaboration with partners to consolidate affordable housing data for thousands of affordable units from multiple Atlanta-based public and private organizations.
- Worked in collaboration with participatory design researchers to design a user interface that provides the most relevant information as quickly and intuitively as possible.
- Designed an interactive web app to visualize hundreds of affordable housing locations and expiration dates in metro Atlanta.
- Created map visualizations to show hundreds of land code violations relative to property owners to demonstrate land speculation in an underserved Atlanta neighborhood.
Director of Operations // Nov 2018 - Present
- Direct team of 50+ students to push HackGT's mission of promoting non-traditional STEM education to students.
- Coordinate, organize, and run all of HackGT's events:
- HackGT: The largest collegiate hackathon in the Southern United States and Georgia Tech's premiere collegiate hackathon with 25+ corporate sponsors, 20+ workshops, and 1000+ participants from all over the United States,
- BuildGT: Georgia Tech's premiere hardware-focused hackathon, attracting students from Georgia Tech and the Atlanta area.
- Horizons: A new hackathon focused on the intersection of Arts and Computer Science.
- Catalyst: HackGT's day of STEAM exposure for high school students in underserved communities in Metro Atlanta.
- HackGTeeny: A day of workshops focused on preparing students new to computer science to successfully compete in hackathons and learn practical skills for the industry.
Tech Team Member // Nov 2017 - Nov 2018
- Organized judge orientations and movements for HackGT 5: Dare to Venture.
- Helped to coordinate the smooth operation of the project expo.
- Worked on streaming and recording of the opening and closing ceremonies.
- Developed a full-stack project organization, judging, and ranking solution called Ballot for HackGT 5.
- Used to organize and judge nearly 200 projects, over 30 main prize judges, judges from 15 company sponsors, and 1000 participants.
- It was written with a two part React frontend and a NodeJS/Express-based backend.
Operations Team Member // Nov 2016 - Nov 2017
- Assisted with day-of operations for HackGTeeny and Catalyst.
- Coordinated parking and demo prizes and worked with recording and streaming opening and closing ceremonies for HackGT 4: New Heights.
Software Engineer Intern // Summer 2018
- Created a fully-functional, full stack, proof-of-concept activity feed application from scratch to reorganize system-generated content and implement new social functionality.
- Architected a simple and extensible SQL-based schema to store all the data required for the application.
- Implemented a comprehensive REST API in Python for creating, reading, updating, and deleting data in the database.
- Developed a React/Typescript database manager web application with an easy-to-use interface to allow testers to dynamically add and remove content to activity feeds and other database contents.
- Developed a user-facing Android application to display data from the database and React web application in the form of cards.
- Created a working chatbot prototype, integrated in the Android application, with Rasa Core/NLU and a spaCy/scikit-learn pipeline to understand human language and return relevant information.
Residential Technology Advisor // Aug 2017 - Present
- Provide walk-in, phone, live chat, email, and in-room support for technology and networking at Georgia Tech for students living in Georgia Tech housing.
Tutor // Aug 2017 - Dec 2017
- Taught and assisted computer science students in a one-to-one environment in courses offered by the college of computing at Georgia Tech, such as Intro to Object-Oriented Programming (CS 1331), Data Structures & Algorithms (CS 1332), and Computer Organization & Programming (CS 2110).
Languages & Libraries
- Git, Mercurial, npm, VSCode, Atom/Nuclude, IDA Pro, express, Phabricator, postgres, Adobe Suite, scikit-learn, rasa
- CS 4510: Automata & Complexity
- CS 1331: Intro to Object-Oriented Programming
- CS 1332: Data Structures & Algorithms
- CS 2051: Honors Discrete Math
- CS 2110: Computer Organization & Programming
- CS 2200: Systems & Networks
- CS 2340: Objects & Design
- CS 3251: Computer Networking I
- CS 3510: Algorithm Design & Analysis
- CS 3630: Intro to Robotics & Perception
- CS 3600: Intro to Artificial Intelligence
- CS 4400: Intro to Databases
- CS 4440: Database Technologies
- CS 4476: Intro to Computer Vision
- CS 4641: Machine Learning
- ECE 4894: Introduction to Malware Reverse-Engineering
- MATH 1554: Linear Algebra
- MATH 3012: Applied Combinatorics
- Faculty Honors: Spring 2017, Fall 2017, Fall 2018
- Dean's List: Fall 2016, Spring 2018
- AP Scholar with Distinction: 2016
- AP Scholar with Honor: 2015
- PA Governor's STEM Competition - 1st Regional: 2016
- FBLA Computer Problem Solving - 3rd State/1st Regional: 2016
- FBLA Help Desk - 1st Nationals/State/Regional: 2015
- RIT Innovation & Creativity Award: 2015
Need a hard copy? Here's my résumé as a PDF.